Click here to see the latest Troop Calendar.
Start selling subs and sandwiches for this next round to save for Summer Camp and other weekend events.
Subs and Sandwiches are made fresh by R&K Subs.
- Please make checks payable to: St. Joseph Boy Scout Troop 103 or St. Joseph Pack 103.
- Order and Money Due Date: Tuesday, January 18, 2022
- Distribution Date: Tuesday, January 25, 2022 (Pickup at the Troop or Pack meeting between 6:15PM and 6:30PM)
A single form is used to order Subs and Sandwiches.
Troop 103 has earned GOLD status for the “Scouting’s Journey to Excellence” Award. The award is the BSA’s council performance recognition program designed to encourage and reward success and measure the performance of our units, districts, and councils. It is meant to encourage excellence in providing a quality program at all levels of the BSA.
The Troop has qualified for the Journey to Excellence Award each year since its inception and for many, many consecutive years prior with the Quality Unit Award that was replaced by the Journey to Excellence Award.
Troop 103 is proud of providing and offering an excellent Scouting Program that provides opportunities to our youth to experience the outdoors and grow both morally and physically into strong leaders of the future. This scout led program is a partnership of both youth and adults.
Areas where the Troop excelled:
- Short Term Outings: The troop participated in 7 short-term overnight campouts, 3 day trips, and a week-long summer camp.
- Planning and Budgeting: The scouts plan activities for the entire year at a planning outing each year. These plans are reviewed at PLC meeting throughout the year. Our planning calendar is published on our website.
- Retention of scouts in the troop exceeded the 85% target set for Nation standards.
- Advancement in the troop exceeded the highest National standards with over 60% of scouts advancing this year including two scouts achieving the rank of Eagle Scout.
- Service Projects: Scouts participated in over 7 service projects this year and exceeded the highest National standards.
- Following the Patrol Method: The troop has patrols, and each has a patrol leader. Our Troop’s youth leadership includes a Senior Patrol Leader and his assistant, we have patrols that are led by a Patrol Leader. The Troop also elects many other officers including the Scribe, Quartermaster, Librarian, etc.. The youth leadership (Patrol Leaders Council) meets each month.
- Leadership and Family Engagement: In addition to the Scoutmaster, the troop had 3 Assistant Scoutmasters, 7 Committee Members, and at least 4 other registered and supporting adults. The Troop held 2 Courts of Honor for scouts this past year. We present the annual Troop Calendar to parents each year outlining the plans of the troop for the upcoming year.
- Trained Adult Leaders: All adult leaders including all committee members are fully trained in their positions. Two members of our leadership have also taken a week-long Wood-badge training. Multiple members of the committee support the district in planning and executing district activities.