Christmas caroling at Hanover Hall is scheduled for this coming Tuesday, December 12, 2017. Please meet at Hanover Hall (267 Frederick Street) at 6:30 pm. We will be caroling with Pack 103 and should be finished by 8 pm. Parents & siblings are invited!
This evening (11/14//2017) Troop 103 Life Scout Tommy Seymour was awarded the rank of Eagle Scout, becoming Troop 103′s 84th Eagle Scout.
Tommy is a senior at Hanover Senior High School and is looking forward to a career as an author and English teacher. Tommy’s Eagle Scout Service Project consisted of renovating the St. Joseph Church Prayer Path/Garden, which had been vandalized and fallen into disrepair. The Prayer Path/Garden was created by Anthony Eltz, Troop 103′s 68th Eagle Scout, for his Eagle Scout Service Project in 2008.
Please join me in congratulating Tommy and in thanking St. Joseph Church, the many other donors, family members, friends, leaders, scouts and others who helped make these accomplishments possible. Please enjoy the attached photo of our proud Eagle Scout and his equally proud parents!
Jeffrey Rosenzweig, Scoutmaster, BSA Troop 103
Pack 103 has invited Troop 103 and siblings to the Pack’s Solar Eclipse Party this coming Monday, August 21, 2017. It will be held at the St. Joseph Church Picnic Grove pavilion from 12:45 pm – 3 pm. This party will be one small part of a national Boy Scouts of America event. There will be BSA Solar Eclipse parties all over the country (at varying times based off the Eclipse path). The partial eclipse in Hanover, PA begins at 1:17pm, is at maximum eclipse at 2:41 and ends at 3:58pm.
The Pack will have different, fun Eclipse related projects, learning lessons and refreshments during the party. There is a national BSA patch for the event; information is available at
Please contact Erik Scott if you are interested in the event as the Pack would like to get an estimate of Scouts and siblings at the events. You may reach Erik at email@example.com or 717-476-0732.
Scouts of Troop 103 attended the week-long summer camp at the Rodney Scout Reservation located near North East, Maryland.
Play All – The 2017 Florida Sea Base Playlist
Click the first video to play all videos from the event. Be sure to click on the video’s full screen icon
Select Specific Day of the Event
Select any one of the individual videos below:
The 2017 Calendar is now available on our Troop’s website.
Troop 103 has achieved Gold Level status for the 2016 Journey to Excellence Award. ”Scouting’s Journey to Excellence” is the BSA’s council performance recognition program designed to encourage and reward success and measure the performance of our units, districts, and councils. It is meant to encourage excellence in providing a quality program at all levels of the BSA.
The Troop has qualified for the Journey to Excellence Award each year since its inception and for many consecutive years prior with the Quality Unit Award that was replaced by the Journey to Excellence Award.
Troop 103 is proud of providing and offering an excellent Scouting Program that provides opportunities to our youth to experience the outdoors and grow both morally and physically into strong leaders of the future. This scout led program is a partnership of both youth and adults.
In 2016, the Troop excelled in the following award objectives:
- Planning and Budgeting. The scouts plan activities for the entire year at a planning outing each year. Our planning calendar is published on our website.
- Membership Growth Plan
- Retention of scouts in the troop
- Webelos-to-Scout transition
- Short-Term Outings (Nine outings)
- Long-Term Camping Participation (70% participation rate)
- Service Projects: The Troop Participated in over 18 Service projects that benefited the community without any financial benefit to the Troop or scouts.
- Following the Patrol Method. The troop has patrols, and each has a patrol leader. Our Troop’s youth leadership includes a Senior Patrol Leader and his assistant, We have patrols that are led by a Patrol Leader. The Troop also elects many other officers including the Scribe, Quartermaster, Librarian, etc.. The youth leadership (Patrol Leaders Council) meets each month.
- Leadership and Family Engagement. Troop 103′s leadership is made up of 20 adult leaders with well over 400 years of combined experience. It includes a Scoutmaster and his 4 Assistant Scoutmasters. The Troop is fully supported by 15 additional committee members.
- Trained Adult Leaders: All adult leaders including all committee members are fully trained in their positions. Three members of our leadership have also taken a week-long Wood-badge training. Multiple members of the committee support the district in planning and executing district activities.